I am a fully qualified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist, Life Coach and Person-Centred Counsellor, working in Deansgate (Manchester City Centre) and Altrincham (South Manchester).
I am also a fully qualified nutritionalist, hypnotherapist, teacher and counselling supervisor.
After attaining my degree in Psychology, I began my career working with survivors of rape and child sexual abuse. I then worked as a counsellor for a GP’s surgery in Manchester, predominantly with clients who had been raped or sexually abused as children and/or who were suffering from anxiety, depression, panic attacks and eating disorders. After that, I worked for a charity in Altrincham, providing counsellors with training and on-going supervision and I taught counselling at City College Manchester. I have also worked as a marker for EATA – the professional examining body for people who wish to become qualified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapists.
I set up my private psychotherapy practice in 2003 and I now work in private practice on a full-time basis. In addition to providing psychotherapy, counselling and life coaching, I supervise counsellors and run counselling and psychotherapy training courses and workshops.
Using a combination of Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, Person-Centred Counselling, and Neuro-Linguistic Programming, I am able to work in a way that is cognitive behavioural and / or relationally based in order to help my clients with a broad range of therapeutic needs.
Ethically, I believe it is important for all psychotherapists, counsellors and coaches to be trained in any approach that they intend to use with clients. I only use models that I’m qualified in.
- Degree in Psychology BSc(Hons)
- Certified Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist (CTA)
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Person-Centred Counselling (Distinction)
- Certificate in Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming Coaching
- Diploma in Casework Supervision
- Diploma in Motivation Method Therapy
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Practical Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Advanced Hypnotherapy
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Diploma in Nutrition
- Chair of Manchester Transactional Analysis Conference Committee
- That everyone has worth, dignity and value:
- I agree with Stewart and Joines (1987), who stated: “Everyone except the severely brain-damaged has the capacity to think. Therefore it is the responsibility of each of us to decide what he or she wants from life. Each individual will ultimately live with the consequences of what he or she decides.” (TA Today, p.7)
- That change is possible:
- Everyone decides how they will live, and these decisions can be changed.
- That every behaviour has positive intent:
- This includes even non-productive behaviours. When you understand the positive intent you can find a more effective and healthy way of aiming to meet the same intention.
I firmly believe everyone is doing the best they can in their life, everyone is important and worthwhile, and anyone can change.